! ! !

Nov 15, 2011

Basics of E Mail Communication

Email is the preferred means for both business and personal communications and it is very important to ensure that you don't get into a problem because of a bad email.

It is very important that you have a businesslike email id; not one like hungrytiger@xyz.com. If your id is provocative or flippant, by all means use it for your personal communication but create a new id with your name for all job related purposes.

Here is a table with the dos and don'ts of email communication



Basics of E Mail Communication
Activity
If Communicating Formally
If Communicating Informally
Addressing someone
Dear Mr./ Mrs./Ms. Rao
Hi/ Hello Nupur
Previous Reference
·         Thank you for your mail
·         I am sorry I could not contact you …
·         Thanks for your mail
·         I’ve been very busy and….
Purpose of writing this mail
·         I am writing in connection with ...
·         Your name was referred by….
·         I am writing about…
·         … had asked me to contact you
Giving/ passing information
·         This is to inform you that…
·         I regret to say that..
·         Just a note to say...
·         Unfortunately…
Mentioning Attachments
·         Attached is my report on …
·         Attached, please find..
·         I have attached…
·         Here are the …. you asked for.
Getting Information
·         Kindly give me information on…
·         I would like to know…
·         Please send me info about…
·         I’d like to know…
Requests
·         I would be grateful if…
·         Could you please…
·         Can I have…
·         Please send me…
Offer to Help
·         Would you like me to…
·         Please let me know if you would like…
·         Do you want me to…
·         Let me know if you want me to ….
Concluding Lines
·         Thank you for your assistance.
·         Please feel free to contact us….
·         Let me know if you want anything.
·         Feel free to mail me.
Conclusion
·         Warm regards,
·         Please convey my best wishes to…
·         Bye for now
·         Take care

No comments :

Post a Comment