! ! !

Dec 15, 2011

What Corporates Look for Part II

I had mentioned in a previous post with the same title, various aspects that I would look for in you, if I were a recruiter aiming to hire you for my company. Here are a few more which look a little deeper into the mind of a recruiter and will help you prepare better for your interview.

1. Return on Investment. A decision to hire you is taken primarily based on what you can get to the table i.e. the results you can deliver. If I am going to pay you X as your annual salary, I expect you to earn 5 or 10 times that amount for my company. Otherwise, it is not worth hiring you. So, if you have the Attitude, Skills and Knowledge to earn that amount for my company, you are hired.

2. Management of Time. God has given you 24 hours in a day to utilise. How have you utilised your time? If there is someone with the habit of waking up at 10 am, being fed at 12 pm by his/ her mother, and then spending the rest of his day with friends in malls/ watching movies/ TV, it is the same kind of behaviour I will expect from you, if you join my organization. Do you think I would hire you?

3. General Awareness. Are you aware of what is happening around you, in the country and in the world? Or is your reading restricted to the sports page or to the magazine section of the newspaper. Do you display any kind of curiosity, or some kind of hunger to know more about aspects that have some connection to the profession or career you plan to choose. Some curiosity about the latest developments in the aviation field if that is the career you plan follow.

4. Subject Knowledge. Subject knowledge is given significant weightage by interviewers. Questions are aimed at testing your understanding of the basic concepts in the area of your graduation/ post graduation. Focus would be on areas of work of the company you are applying to, electives, projects, favourite subjects etc. You should have an idea about new developments in your area of study. Unless you prepare thoroughly for academic related questions, you could get into serious trouble in the interview.

No comments :

Post a Comment